Liskeard is an ancient stannary and market town and civil parish in south east Cornwall, England. It is situated approximately 20 miles (32 km) west of Plymouth and 12 miles (20 km) east of Bodmin and is one of the gateway towns for Bodmin Moor.The town is at the head of the Looe valley in the ancient hundred of West Wivelshire (simply known as the West Hundred) and had a population of 9,417 at the 2011 census. From 1974 until 2009 Liskeard was the base of the Caradon District Council which was abolished when the whole of Cornwall became a unitary authority.
Liskeard became a municipal borough in 1835 and continued as such until 1974. Prior to 1835 it was an "ancient borough" in West Hundred. Between 1894 and 1974 the town was known formally as Liskeard Borough and another civil parish to the west and south was called Liskeard.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.