Place:Leafield, Oxfordshire, England

TypeChapelry, Civil parish
Coordinates51.839°N 1.545°W
Located inOxfordshire, England
See alsoChadlington Hundred, Oxfordshire, Englandancient county division in which it was located
Shipton under Wychwood, Oxfordshire, Englandecclesiastical parish of which it was a chapelry
Chipping Norton Rural, Oxfordshire, Englandrural district in which it was located 1894-1974
Cornbury and Wychwood, Oxfordshire, Englandcivil parish to which part was transferred in 1949
source: Family History Library Catalog
the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia

Leafield is a village and civil parish about 4 miles (6.4 km) northwest of Witney in West Oxfordshire. The parish includes the hamlet of Langley, 1 mile (1.6 km) west of Leafield village. The 2011 UK census recorded the parish's population as 945.

The village is 635 feet (194 m) above sea level in the Cotswold Hills. It was the highest point in Oxfordshire until the 1974 county boundary changes enlarged the county.

Leafield was a chapelry in the ecclesiastical parish of Shipton under Wychwood but became a separate civil parish in 1866.

Research Tips

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Leafield. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.