- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Lea is a village and civil parish in the southeast of Herefordshire, just south-east of Ross-on-Wye and adjoining Gloucestershire.
The township of Lea Lower (redirected here) was part of the parish located in Gloucestershire until 1844 when it was removed to Herefordshire under the Counties (Detached Parts) Act 1844.
- Gloucestershire Archives in Gloucester is where paper and microfilm copies of all records for this part of Gloucestershire are stored. Since Lea was transferred to Herefordshire in 1844, parish and civil records after that date will not be available at Gloucester.