Huntington was originally a chapelry within the parish of Holmer, just to the north of the City of Hereford. It became a civil parish in 1866 and in 1884 was moved from Holmer parish into the Municipal Borough of Hereford. In 1932 the various civil parishes within Hereford, including Huntington (which covered the northwest corner), were merged into one civil parish.
A map of Herefordshire from about 1900 on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrates the various civil parishes, including Huntington, making up the Hereford Municipal Borough at that time.
There is a description of Huntington circa 1870 in the article on Holmer from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72 (provided online by A Vision of Britain through Time).