- source: Family History Library Catalog
Humbershoe was a hamlet in Studham parish until 1866, when it became a separate civil parish. There was no settlement called Humbershoe - instead it was effectively part of the village of Markyate, which straddled Studham, Flamstead, Caddington and Houghton Regis parishes. In 1897 Humbershoe was abolished, merging with parts of these parishes to form a new parish of Markyate. This change also had the effect of transferring Humbershoe from Bedfordshire to Hertfordshire.