Village of Hiramsburg
Hiramsburg is an unincorporated village, and was historically a post village, in the northwestern part of the township of Noble, county of Noble, state of Ohio, United States of America. It is situated in the northwest quarter of section 13 of township 8, range 10 (2nd Congressional Survey). The village was in Brookfield Township and Morgan County until 1851 when Noble County was erected and Brookfield lost its eastern tier of sections to Noble Township.
Hiramsburg was surveyed by John F. Talley on 5 Nov. 1836 for the proprietor, Hiram Calvert, after whom it was named. The plat, filed in Morgan County, contained 20 lots. An addition was made by the same proprietor in 1838, and another in 1858. The Hiramsburgh (later Hiramsburg) Post Office was established on 28 Sept. 1837. Asa Burlingame was the first postmaster and also proprietor of the first hotel. The post office was discontinued on 30 June 1920.