- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Harnhill from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "HARNHILL, a parish in Cirencester [registration] district, Gloucester; near the Thames and Severn canal, 3½ miles ESE of Cirencester [railway] station. It has a post-office under Cirencester. Acres: 689. Real property: £1,343. Population: 88. Houses: 17. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value: £155. Patron: G. Bengough, Esq. The church is early English.
There is no article in Wikipedia.
Harnhill was absorbed into the neighbouring parish of Driffield in 1935.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
- Unfortunately, A History of the County of Gloucester in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online does not cover this part of the county
- Ancestry.co.uk has recently added Gloucestershire Burials, 1813-1988; Confirmations, 1834-1913; Baptisms, 1813-1913; Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813; and Marriages and Banns, 1754-1938. (entry dated 1 Aug 2015)
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Crownthorne and Minety (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Cirencester Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | Gloucestershire Registration District, Gloucestershire, England | Cirencester Rural, Gloucestershire, England | Cotswold (district), Gloucestershire, England | Driffield, Gloucestershire, England | Harnhill, Gloucestershire, England