|Alt names||Broomhill||source: hamlet in parish|
|Great Barrow||source: hamlet in parish|
|Hollowmoor Heath||source: hamlet in parish|
|Little Barrow||source: hamlet in parish|
|Long Green||source: hamlet in parish|
|Milton Brook||source: hamlet in parish|
|Stamford Bridge||source: hamlet in parish|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Eddisbury Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was situated|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Barrow is a civil parish situated about 4.5 miles (7 kilometres) east-north-east of Chester, 6 miles (10 kilometres) northwest of Tarporley, and 6 miles (10 kilometres) south of Frodsham.
The population taken at the 2011 UK census was 941.
- end of Wikipedia contribution
Barrow was a township and parish in Eddisbury Hundred, which became a civil parish in 1866. It includes the hamlets of Broomhill, Great Barrow, Hollowmoor Heath, Little Barrow, Long Green, Milton Brook and Stamford Bridge. The population was 501 in 1801, 659 in 1851, 727 in 1901, 1065 in 1951, and 943 in 2001. (Source: GENUKI)
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.