|Alt names||Eastwninc||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 189|
|Estuuininc||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 189|
|Estuunic||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 189|
|Estwnic||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 189|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England|
|See also||Freebridge Lynn Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
East Winch is a civil parish in the English county of Norfolk, a few miles south-east of King's Lynn. It covers an area of 19.95 km2 (7.70 sq mi) and had a population of 782 in 325 households at the 2001 UK census, the population reducing to 779 at the 2011 UK census.
It once had an East Winch railway station, on the line between Swaffham and King's Lynn. It is now located on the A47 road, which follows the former railway's route.
East Winch is a parish of the Kings Lynn and West Norfolk District Council.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for East Winch. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901