- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
East Walton is a thinly populated civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. It covers an area of 10.81 km2 (4.17 sq mi) and had a population of 94 in 40 households at the 2001 census. For the purposes of local government, it falls within the District of King's Lynn and West Norfolk.
Its church, St. Mary, is one of 124 existing round-tower churches in Norfolk.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of East Walton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "WALTON (East), a parish in Freebridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; 1½ mile N of Narborough r. station, and 8 ESE of Lynn. Post town, Lynn. Acres: 2,659. Real property: £1,663. Population: 175. Houses: 36. The manor belongs to A. Hamond, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with Gayton-Thorpe, in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £424. Patron: A. Hamond, Esq. The church is later English. There are a national school, and charities £24."
West Walton is quite a ways west of East Walton on the border of Cambridgeshire.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for East Walton. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901