Place:East Bradenham, Norfolk, England

NameEast Bradenham
Alt namesBradehamsource: Domesday Book (1985) p 187
Bradenhamsource: Domesday Book (1985) p 187; Gazetteer of Great Britain (1999) p 91
Brehendamsource: Domesday Book (1985) p 187
TypeParish (ancient), Civil parish
Coordinates52.634°N 0.847°E
Located inNorfolk, England     ( - 1952)
See alsoSouth Greenhoe Hundred, Norfolk, Englandhundred in which it was located
Swaffham Rural, Norfolk, Englandrural district in which it was located 1894-1952
Bradenham, Norfolk, Englandcivil parish into which it was merged in 1952
Breckland District, Norfolk, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog

East Bradenham was a civil parish in Norfolk, England, until 1952 when it was merged with West Bradenham into a new parish named Bradenham.

A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of East Bradenham from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:

"BRADENHAM (East), a parish in Swaffham [registration] district, Norfolk; on the river Wissey, 3¾ miles S of Wendling [railway] station, and 5 SW of East Dereham. Post Town: West Bradenham, under Thetford. Acres: 2,340. Real property: £3,246. Population: 399. Houses: 86. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Henry S. Adlington, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £278. Patron: H. S. Adlington, Esq. The church is of flint. Charities, £11."

Research Tips