Village of Dudley
Dudley is an unincorporated village, and historically was a post village and flag station on the C. & M. Railroad, in the central part of the township of Olive, county of Noble, state of Ohio, United States of America. It is situated near Duck Creek, in the northwest quarter of section 23 of township 6, range 9 (1st Congressional Survey).
The flag station was established by the railroad company in 1871, and soon afterward a store was started in the structure by J.P. Arnold. The Dudley Post Office was established on 10 January 1872. A small village grew up about the station, but no official plat of the place was made until 1877. Several residences, a wagon shop, and a school house were built during the next decade. A Universalist church was built in 1878 and dedicated 25 August of that year. A gristmill and sawmill was built by Edgar Morgareidge in 1885. The post office was discontinued on 30 April 1953.