Place:Dinton, Wiltshire, England

Watchers


NameDinton
TypeInhabited place
Coordinates51.067°N 1.967°W
Located inWiltshire, England
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Dinton is a village and former manor in Wiltshire, England, on the B3089 road about 8 miles west of Salisbury. It was part of the historic hundred of Warminster. The population was 597 at the 2001 census. Dinton is the location of Philipps House, formerly known as Dinton House, a National Trust property. It was built in 1816 by William IV Wyndham (1769-1841), to the designs of Sir Jeffry Wyattville. In 1916 it was bought by Bertram Philipps, who renamed the house after himself. In 1943 he granted it to the National Trust.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Dinton, Wiltshire. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.