Coulsdon and Purley Urban District was a local government district in north east Surrey from 1915 to 1965. The local authority was Coulsdon and Purley Urban District Council.
It was formed in 1915 from part of the abolished Croydon Rural District. It consisted of the main settlements of Coulsdon and Purley, both in the parish of Coulsdon, along with the parish of Sanderstead and (from 1933) Farleigh.
In 1965, despite vigorous opposition from residents, it was abolished and its former area was merged with that of the County Borough of Croydon, to became the London Borough of Croydon. In 1969 the Greater London, Kent and Surrey Order 1968 transferred Farleigh back to Surrey to form part of the Godstone Rural District.
The coat of arms were granted on 14 May 1952. Some charges from these arms were used, together with some charges from the coat of arms of County Borough of Croydon, to form the new coat of arms of the London Borough of Croydon in 1965.