|Type||Hamlet, Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England ( - 1935)|
|See also||Forehoe Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Forehoe Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Runhall, Norfolk, England||civil parish into which it merged in 1935|
|South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Coston is a small village near East Dereham and Norwich in Norfolk, England. It became part of the civil parish of Runhall in 1935.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Coston from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "COSTON, a parish in Forehoe [registration] district, Norfolk; on the river Blackwater, adjacent to the Norfolk railway, 1½ mile S of Hardingham [railway] station, and 4½ NW of Wymondham. Post town: Wymondham. Acres: 342. Real property: £485. Population: 58. Houses: 12. The property is nearly all in one estate. The living is a rectory, united with the vicarage of Runhall, in the diocese of Norwich. Value: £103. Patron: alternately the Bishop of Norwich and the Earl of Kimberley. The church is good."
Categories: Norfolk, England | Coston, Norfolk, England | Forehoe Hundred, Norfolk, England | Forehoe Rural, Norfolk, England | Runhall, Norfolk, England | South Norfolk District, Norfolk, England