|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Great Budworth, Cheshire, England||ancient parish of which it was a township|
|Bucklow Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Northwich Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Vale Royal District, Cheshire, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
|Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England||district municipality and unitary authority covering the area since 2009|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Comberbach is a civil parish and small village in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England, between Northwich and Warrington.
It was one of the many townships that made up Great Budworth parish. For more information, see the parish.
- end of Wikipedia contribution
Comberbach was a township in Great Budworth ancient parish, Bucklow Hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. In 1936 it was extended to include the whole of Cogshall. The population of Comberbach was 142 in 1801, 295 in 1851, 411 in 1901, 624 in 1951, and 1002 in 2001. (Source: GENUKI)
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Comberbach, Cheshire, England | Great Budworth, Cheshire, England | Bucklow Hundred, Cheshire, England | Northwich Rural, Cheshire, England | Vale Royal District, Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England