- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Codicote is a large village, and civil parish about seven miles (11 km) south of Hitchin in Hertfordshire, England.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Codicote from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CODICOTE, a village and a parish in Hitchin [registration] district, Herts. The village stands near the river Maran and the Great Northern railway, 2 miles N by W of Welwyn [railway] station, and 8 S by E of Hitchin; has a post office under Welwyn; and was once a market-town. The parish comprises 2,671 acres. Real property: £4,677. Population: 1,227. Houses: 229. The property is subdivided. Lodge and the Node are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the dio. of Rochester. Value: £300. Patron: the Archbishop of Canterbury. St. Giles' church is old but good; and All Saints' was built in 1868. There are national schools and charities £14."