|Alt names||Caple||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Castle Hill||source: settlement in parish|
|Colts Hill||source: settlement in parish|
|Five Oak Green||source: settlement in parish|
|Postern||source: settlement in parish|
|Whetsted||source: settlement in parish|
|Type||Chapelry, Civil parish|
|Located in||Kent, England|
|See also||Tudeley, Kent, England||ancient parish in which it was a chapelry|
|Tonbridge Lowey Hundred, Kent, England||ancient county division in which it was partly located|
|Twyford Hundred, Kent, England||ancient county division in which it was partly located|
|Washlingstone Hundred, Kent, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Tonbridge Rural, Kent, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1974|
|Tunbridge Wells District, Kent, England||district municipality into which the parish was transferred in 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Capel is now a hamlet and civil parish in the Tunbridge Wells District of Kent, England. The parish is located on the north of the Weald, three miles (4.8 km) to the east of Tonbridge. As well as Capel itself, the parish includes the communities of Castle Hill, Colts Hill, Five Oak Green, Postern, and Whetsted.
Capel was originally a chapelry in the ancient parish of Tudeley partly in the Tonbridge Lowey Hundred, partly in the Twyford Hundred and partly in the Washlingstone Hundred of Kent. It was a civil parish in the Tonbridge Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
- Kent County Council Archive, Local Studies and Museums Service. James Whatman Way, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1LQ. This incorporates the Centre for Kentish Studies in Maidstone and the East Kent Archives Centre near Dover.
- Canterbury Cathedral Archives see the Archives web pages on the Canterbury Catherdral site.
- For information on the area around the Medway Towns, have a look at Medway Council's CityArk site.
- Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales - Revised: Kent illustrates the parish boundaries of Kent when rural districts were still in existence and before Greater London came into being. The map publication year is 1931. An earlier map of 1900 may also be useful. The maps blow up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets. Maps in this series are now downloadable for personal use.
- Steve Archer has produced a very useful round-up of the available census records for Kent - and where/from whom they are available.
- Registration Districts in Kent for the period 1837 to the present. By drilling down through the links you can follow any parish through the registration districts to which it was attached.
- Bishop's Transcripts for Kent parishes, 1558-1887, can be found on FamilySearch since February 2016
- The Kent Family History Society and the North West Kent Family History Society are the most dominant, but there are also
Categories: Kent, England | Capel, Kent, England | Tudeley, Kent, England | Tonbridge Lowey Hundred, Kent, England | Twyford Hundred, Kent, England | Washlingstone Hundred, Kent, England | Tonbridge Rural, Kent, England | Tunbridge Wells District, Kent, England