It forms part of the East End of London and is located north of Bethnal Green. The area is the location, at Patriot Square, of the former Bethnal Green Town Hall. Cambridge Heath formed part of this metropolitan borough from 1900 to 1965.
Cambridge Heath Road runs north-south from the borough boundary with the London Borough of Hackney to Whitechapel Road in Stepney. It passes Cambridge Heath railway station and Bethnal Green tube station.