Brewham is a parish in Somerset, England, consisting of the villages North and South Brewham, situated in the Brue Valley three miles east of Bruton and nine miles south west of Frome in the South Somerset district. The parish has a population of about 410.
1822 - Christopher and John Greenwood
South Brewham - a parish in the hundred of Bruton, 3 miles E. N. E. from Brewton ; containing 97 inhabited houses, and as many families, the whole of whom are employed in agriculture. The village is situated in a narrow vale by the side of the river Brew, over which there is a stone bridge of one arch. The church consists of a nave, chancel, north aisle, and porch, with a tower containing three bells. The living is a curacy ; Rev. John Dampier, incumbent; instituted 1813. Population, 1801, 470 — 1811, 508 — 1821, 600.
North Brewham - a parish separated from the above by the river Brew, which rises about half a mile from Brewham-Lodge,- an extra-parochial place, the property of Sir Richard Hoare, Bart. It contains 77 inhabited houses, and as many families, 68 of whom are employed in agriculture. At the Batts Farm, near Brewham-common, was formerly a chapel, but there are no remains of any ecclesiastical edifice at present. Population, 1801, no return — 1811, no return — 1821, 389.
1929 - Somerset by George Woosung Wade & Joseph Henry Wade
Brewham, South, a village 3 m. N.E. of Bruton. It lies in a dell through which flows the Brue (whence its name). The church, chiefly Perp., is not of much interest, though beneath the tower at the S.W. corner is a doorway of rough construction but peculiar character; near it is a stoup. In the churchyard is a cross and an old font. North Brewham is a small hamlet ½ m. away.
Family History Catalog