- source: Family History Library Catalog
North Brewham and its sister village of South Brewham were parishes in the Bruton Hundred and in the Wincanton Registration District during the 19th century. From 1894 until 1933 they were parishes in the Wincanton Rural District. In 1933 they were merged to become the single parish of Brewham.
1822 - Christopher and John Greenwood
A parish separated from the South Brewham by the river Brew, which rises about half a mile from Brewham-Lodge,- an extra-parochial place, the property of Sir Richard Hoare, Bart. It contains 77 inhabited houses, and as many families, 68 of whom are employed in agriculture. At the Batts Farm, near Brewham-common, was formerly a chapel, but there are no remains of any ecclesiastical edifice at present. Population, 1801, no return — 1811, no return — 1821, 389.
- The Somerset Heritage Centre (incorporating what was formerly the Somerset Record Office and the Somerset Local Studies Library) can be found at its new location at Langford Mead in Taunton. It has an online search facility leading to pages of interest, including maps from the First and Second Ordnance Survey (select "Maps and Postcards" from the list at the left, then enter the parish in the search box).
The Heritage Centre has an email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrate the changes in political boundaries over the period 1830-1945. All have expanding scales and on the second and third this facility is sufficient that individual parishes can be inspected.
- Somerset Hundreds as drawn in 1832. This map was prepared before The Great Reform Act of that year. Note the polling places and representation of the various parts of the county.
- Somerset in 1900, an Ordnance Survey map showing rural districts, the boundaries of the larger towns, the smaller civil parishes of the time, and some hamlets and villages in each parish
- Somerset in 1943, an Ordnance Survey map showing the rural districts after the changes to their structure in the 1930s