|Alt names||Bithlakebei||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 187|
|Bitlakebei||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 187|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Norfolk, England ( - 1935)|
|See also||West Flegg Hundred, Norfolk, England||hundred in which it was located|
|East and West Flegg Rural, Norfolk, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1935|
|Fleggburgh, Norfolk, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1935|
|Great Yarmouth District, Norfolk, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Billockby is an ancient parish and a civil parish in eastern Norfolk, England, that was absorbed into the newly created civil parish of Fleggburgh in 1935 along with two other parishes, Burgh St. Margaret and Clippesby. In terms of both acreage and population, Billockby was quite small. The area is now part of the Great Yarmouth District.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Billockby from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BILLOCKBY, a parish in Flegg [registration] district, Norfolk; on the river Bure, 3 miles NE of Acle, and 7 NE of Buckenham [railway] station. Post Town: Acle, under Norwich. Acres: 389. Real property: £967. Population: 46. Houses: 14. Billockby Hall is the seat of the Lucas family. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Norwich Value: £100. Patrons: the Lucas family."
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Billockby. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901
Categories: Norfolk, England | Billockby, Norfolk, England | West Flegg Hundred, Norfolk, England | East and West Flegg Rural, Norfolk, England | Fleggburgh, Norfolk, England | Great Yarmouth District, Norfolk, England