Clippesby is a small village in eastern England within the Great Yarmouth Borough Council area, in Norfolk. It is located on the B1152 and surrounded by the Norfolk Broads. The village consists largely of a few rows of small cottages and houses, but has four buildings of historical relevance: the Church of St. Peter's, the Rectory, the Old Hall (now Old Hall Farm) and Clippesby Hall (formerly Clippesby House). It is surrounded by outlying farmsteads.
Clippesby Hall has had two incarnations over its history. The first Hall appears to date from 1585 (although Osbert de Salicibus alias de Willows is recorded as Lord in the reign of Henry II - 1154-1189). It was most notably occupied by Sir Clipesby Crewe, Chief Justice of England and first Recorder of Great Yarmouth. The Old Hall subsequently became a farm and is today known as "Old Hall Farm".
The current Hall was formerly known as Clippesby House.
The second Hall and estate was first owned by the Muskett family and is described in the 1903 sales catalogue.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Clippesby.