Place:Barton, Cheshire, England

Watchers


NameBarton
TypeInhabited place
Located inCheshire, England
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Barton is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. The village is located near the Welsh border, about twelve miles south of Chester, and only about eight miles east of Wrexham in Wales.

According to the 2001 census it had a population of 71, a decline from a high-point of 143 in 1801.

The A534 road passes through the village. The National Cycle Network Regional Route 70 passes just to the south of the village.

The ancient church serving Barton is at Farndon, St. Chad's.

The pub is the "Cock o' Barton".

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Barton, Cheshire. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.