|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Wirral (hundred), Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was situated|
|Great Boughton Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1837-1871|
|Chester Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part after 1871|
|Chester Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Chester City (borough), Cheshire, England||district municipality in which it was located 1974-2009|
|Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England||unitary authority of which it has been part since 2009|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Backford has been since 2009 a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It is situated between Chester and Ellesmere Port on the A41 trunk road, to the north of the Shropshire Union Canal. Backford Cross is located about 1.5 miles (2 km) north of Backford. According to the 2001 UK Census, it had a population of 109.
- end of Wikpedia contribution
Backford became a civil parish in 1866. Prior to that it had been a township in the ancient parish of Backford and Stoak, in the Wirral hundred. It included the hamlet of Strawberry and part of the hamlet of Backford Cross. The ancient parish of Backford also included the townships of Caughall, Chorlton-by-Backford, Lea-by-Backford, and Little Mollington, all of which were absorbed into Backford in 1866.
From 1894 until 1974 it was part of the Chester Rural District.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Wirral (hundred), Cheshire, England | Great Boughton Registration District, Cheshire, England | Chester Registration District, Cheshire, England | Chester Rural, Cheshire, England | Chester City (borough), Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England | Backford, Cheshire, England