|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Eddisbury (hundred), Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was once situated|
|Nantwich Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1837-1937|
|Crewe Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1937-1974|
|Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Crewe and Nantwich (borough), Cheshire, England||district in which it was located 1974-2009|
|Cheshire East, Cheshire, England||unitary authority in which it is located since 2009|
|Bunbury, Cheshire, England||ancient parish in which the township was located until 1866|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Alpraham is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. Its central area is situated on the A51 road, between Nantwich and Chester, and is about seven miles north-west of Nantwich. The 2011 Census gave the parish's population as 407.
Alpraham was until 1866 a township in the ancient parish of Bunbury. There is a sketchmap of the ancient parish on the Bunbury page.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Eddisbury (hundred), Cheshire, England | Nantwich Registration District, Cheshire, England | Crewe Registration District, Cheshire, England | Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England | Crewe and Nantwich (borough), Cheshire, England | Cheshire East, Cheshire, England | Bunbury, Cheshire, England | Alpraham, Cheshire, England