Ainsworth (archaically known as Cockend) is a small village-—effectively a suburb-—within the town of Radcliffe, in the Metropolitan Borough of Bury, in Greater Manchester, England. Ainsworth lies on the western fringe of Bury, 2.2 miles (3.5 km) northwest of Radcliffe, and 2.9 miles (4.7 km) east of Bolton. The city of Manchester is 8.7 miles (14.0 km) south-southeast of Ainsworth.
Prior to 1974 it was a part of Lancashire. Originally Ainsworth was a chapelry in the parish of Middleton and hundred of Salford. From 1894 until 1933 it was a part of the Bury Rural District and in 1933 it was added to the Radcliffe Urban District.