- H. William McClanahanBEF 1759 - ABT 1820
- W. Sarah WebbBEF 1761 -
m. 16 March 1779
Facts and Events
William McClanahan was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of William McClanahan
- McClanahan, William. Will probate November 1819.
- Names wife Sarah and children: Elijah, James and Green. The widow and sons, Wm. and Green, of son John. Heirs of deceased son, Washington. Wife, Elizabeth and children Washington and John, of son, Green. Grandchildren: William McClanahan, William Lewis Cok, William Lewis Jr., William McClanahan Jr and Wm. Markle.
- [Source: Early Marriages, Wills and some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia, Compiled by Anne Lowry Worrell, pg. 59-60].
- Page 159--Will of William McClenachan, of Botetourt. Wife, Sarah; grandsons, Wm. and Charles McClenachan, sons of deceased son John; granddaughters (John's daughters), Mary, Sarah, Jane and Lucy; John's widow, Lucy McClenachan, and her sons Wm. and Charles; sons Elijah, James, Green, deceased son Washington; son Green's wife, Elizabeth, and sons Washington and John; grandsons, Wm. McClenachan, Wm. Cook, Wm. Lewis, Jr., Wm. Markle; grandsons, Wm. McClenachan, son of son John; son, James. Dated 25th September, 1819. Recorded 9th November, 1819. Bill, July, 1831.
Information on William McClanahan
Name: William McClanahan
Given Name: William
Change Date: 26 Apr 2008
A land record for 359 acres in Botetourt County, dated Apr. 13, 1790 [Land Records, Botetourt Co., VA, Book 4, page 171], provides relationships between William and his brother Alexander, and their father John and uncle James. Included are references to William McClanahan and Sarah, his wife, and Alexander McClanahan and Sarah, his wife.
Birth: ABT 1759
Father: John McClanahan b: ABT 1719
Mother: Frances Snodgrass
Marriage 1 Sarah Webb
Married: 16 MAR 1779 in Botetourt Co., Virginia
Help fund new features!