d.ABT 1794 Augusta County, Virginia
m. ABT 1710
m. WFT Est 1739-1742
m. Bef. 1747
Facts and Events
William Anderson was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Probable location of William Anderson's land (400 acres, 1740), just outside of the boundaries of Beverley Manor, on Cathey's River, as shown on the map meticulously drawn by J.R. Hildebrand, cartographer. This map is copyrighted©, used by permission of John Hildebrand, son of J.R. Hildebrand, April, 2009. Note nearby land of John and George Anderson, brothers of William Anderson.
Acquisition of Land in Augusta County, VA: (Note: at least one of the following acquistitions appear to be for a different William Anderson)
William Anderson received a patent for "400 acres on a branch of Cathey's River called Anderson's branch, corner to James and John Hogshead" on 1 December, 1740, as listed in the record listed in "dispositions" below: (Note: this land appears to be just outside of the boundaries of Beverley Manor, based upon the description)
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
Will of William Anderson
Records of William Anderson in Augusta County, VA
Information on William Anderson
Some researchers have posted information that William Anderson MAY have had another wife, Hannah ???, in between Mary "Margaret" Reid and Elizabeth Campbell. This researcher doubts this and believes he probably only had two wives. Another researcher concurs with this in the following posting:
(2) Kindred Konnections, Draper, UT. Submitter b5813304. Cites: (a ) Edward L. Woodyard, One Spruce Hollow, Armonk, NY 10504, or 30 Mea d Ave., Greenwich, CT (1986).
!Birth: (2) Ireland.
Death: (1) 10 Apr 1743. (1,2) Augusta Co., VA, in childbirth.
Subj: Date: 3/4/00 1:50:59 AM Eastern Standard Time From: susiemac@@home.com (susiemac) To: patander73@@aol.com
I am direct decendant of John Anderson and Margaret (Campbell?) of Larnark, Scotland, to Northern Ireland and finally to Philidelphia with there Four sons which William is my line. Wiliiams frist wife was Mary Reid who died the same evening their first daughter Margaret was born, April 10 1743. William Then married Elizabeth Campbell and had the all the other children. Their son John Anderson and Rebecca Malissa Maxwell Hall (her frist husbsnds name was Hall) Anderson are my line. This is from the family bible Jane/Jean Anderson Henniger, daughter of William and Elizabeth Anderson.
Page 114 - - 27th August, 1792. William Anderson's will - - To wife, Elizabeth; to son, John, tract whereon James Black lives, 244 acres; to son, George, tract known as Burnt Cabbin whereon George now lives, adjoining John, Robert, and Jacob Baylor; to son, Robert, 149 acres whereon Ro. now lives; to son, Alexander, home plantation, 290 acres; to sons-in-law and their wives, viz: James Clendenning and wife Margaret, Wm. Skillings (Skillern) and wife Mary, James Grigsby and wife Rebecca, Samuel Anderson and wife Elizabeth; to daughter, Jean Anderson. Executors, son John and David MCNare. Teste: Edward Breadlin, Sr. and Jr.; George Breaden. Proved, June Court, 1794, by all the witnesses.
William ANDERSON Sex: M
Event(s): Misc: ABT 1721 Ireland
Spouse: Elizabeth CAMPBELL
Batch number: F867274 Sheet: 1
Husband's Name William ANDERSON (AFN:RRC8-CH) Born: 1720 Place: Ulster, , Ireland Died: 1792 Place: , Augusta, VA Buried: 1792 Place: Middle River, Augusta Co., Virginia Married: 1745/1746 Place: , Augusta, VA
Father: John ANDERSON (AFN:RRC8-RK) Mother: Margrit (ANDERSON) (AFN:RRC0-0H)
Wife's Name Elizabeth CAMPBELL (AFN:RRC8-DN) Born: 1731 Place: , Rockbridge, VA Died: 1804 Place: , Augusta, VA Buried: 1804 Place: , Augusta, VA Married: 1745/1746 Place: , Augusta, VA
1. Sex Name M George ANDERSON (AFN:RRC8-KJ) Born: 1758 Place: , Augusta, VA Died: 1814 Place: , Augusta, VA Buried: 1814 Place: Van Lear Cem, Staunton, Augusta, VA
2. Name F Mary ANDERSON (AFN:RRC8-FT) Born: 5 Jun 1747 Place: , Augusta, VA Christened: 21 Jun 1747 Place: , Augusta, VA Died: 28 May 1832 Place: , , Augusta Co, VA
3. Sex Name M John ANDERSON (AFN:RRC8-G1) Born: 6 May 1750 Place: , Augusta, VA Died: 13 Oct 1817 Place: Block House, Scott, VA Buried: Oct 1817 Place: Morrison Cem, Nr Gate City, Sullivan, TN
4. Sex Name F Elizabeth ANDERSON (AFN:RRC8-JC) Born: 1754 Place: , Augusta, VA
5. Sex Name M Robert ANDERSON (AFN:RRC8-LP) Born: Abt 1750 Place: , Augusta, VA
6. Sex Name M Alexander ANDERSON (AFN:RRC8-MV) Born: Abt 1750 Place: , Augusta, VA
7. Sex Name F Jean ANDERSON (AFN:RRC8-N2) Born: 1764 Place: , Augusta, VA
8. Sex Name M William ANDERSON (AFN:1WK9-PNM) Born: 1756 Place: , Augusta, VA Died: Bef 1790 Place: , Augusta, VA Buried: Place: , Augusta, VA
9. Sex Name M Alexander ANDERSON (AFN:12JL-N9L) Born: 1762 Place: , , Augusta Co, VA Died: 25 Dec 1825 Place: , , Augusta Co, VA
10. Sex Name M Robert ANDERSON (AFN:12JL-NP3) Born: 1760 Place: , Augusta, VA
11. Sex Name F Rebecca ANDERSON (AFN:351P-1L) Born: 1747 Place: , Of Augusta County, VA Died: 1798 Place: Green Hill Cmtry, Monroe, WV Buried: Place: Green Hill Cmtry, Monroe, WV