Facts and Events
George Valentine Butcher (Metzger) was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Land Grant Survey in Virginia:
- Page 161 - Valentine Metsclaw, 130 acres, South Branch of the Potomac. December 15, 1769. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 58].
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 16, 1773. - (5) Nicholas Butcher qualified admr. of father, Valentine Butcher.
- Page 47.--16th March, 1773. Nicholas Butcher's bond (with John Poage, Nicholas Harpole) as administrator of Valentine Mischorls Butcher.
- Page 89.--18th May, 1773. Peter Vaneman's bond (with Henry Stone) as guardian to Mary Butcher, orphan of Valentine Butcher.
- Page 211.--1st April, 1773. Valentine Butcher's (on South Branch) estate appraised by Peter Vaneman, Robert Davis, Adam Louck.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 358.--8th February, 1759. Vendue of John Wingord's (Vinegard) estate--To Henry Colar, Christopher Kishlinger, Christopher Wingord, Ludwick Francisco, Augustine Price, Tetrach Couch, Conrad Bloze, Frederick Ermantrout, Jacob Nicholas, Margt. Wilmouth, Brice Russell, Alvenus Byar, Jacob Parsinger, Charles Man, Nicholas Millberry, Jno. Craig, Danl. Price, Jno. Fuge, Jacob Man, Henry Perkey, Nicholas Null, Jas. Laird, Charles Ty (Fy?), Paslin Hover, Valentine Cough, Valentine Cook, Valentine Pence, Robt. Scott, Jacob Man, Stephen Conrad, Christian Tetrach, Valentine Butcher, Peter Herman, Wm. Beard, John Couch.
- Page 384.--9th December, 1759. John Colley's will--Daughters, Susan, Catharn, Mary; son, Christian, to mall 6,000 rails; wife, land he bought of Mr. Courts (Curts?); son, Peter; wife and her children, and Mary, Barbery, Margt., Elizabeth, Clorah, Peter. Executors, Ludwick Franciscus, Christopher Ermantrout. Teste: Thos. Poynter, Valentine Mitsker, Wm. Beard. Proved, 20th May, 1760, by the witnesses. Christopher Annentrout (the other refusing) qualified, with Augustine Price, Frederick Armentrout, Jno. Couts.
- Page 75.--19th August. 1761. Daniel Smith's settlement of estate of Jacob Sivers approved--Paid Woolrick Conrod, Gabriel Kyle; paid 1 clerk's note for swearing into your commission; paid Jno. Wright for crying the vendue; paid Henry Pircy for liquor; paid David Rule; paid Christian Lower (Sower?); paid Paul Shaver; paid Horrical Hufman; paid Henry Baninger; paid Sarah Harrison for liquor for vendue; paid Margaret Johnson for appraising the estate. Sale bill, viz: To John McCoy, Valentine Butcher, Henry Smith, Wm. Snodon, Saml. Briggs, Robt. Gragg, Jno. Dunkle, Ludwick Waggoner, Jno. Skidmore, Jonas Friend, Nicholas Havener. Received of Benj. Hagler, Robt. Minnis, Henry Penigar.
- Vol. 1 - FEBRUARY 23, 1762. - (187) Valentine Butcher--bail.
- Page 239.--17th August, 1769. Settlement recorded of estate of Stephen Conrad (Geo. Conrod, executor)--Paid, viz: Jacob Bear, John Fudge, Jno. Michl. Stophelmire, Mathias Kersh, Michl. Summy, Jno. Seller, Valentine Mitcher, Paul Lingal, Mauks Swadley, Jacob Archinbright, Peter Smith, Saml. Maggot, Michl. Shirley, Jacob Shell, Christian Pikle, Jacob Peters, Conrad Peterfish, George Fullingar, Geo. Mallo.
- Page 282.--20th March, 1770. John Colley's estate settled, by Christopher Ermentrout--Paid Valentine Butcher, Paul Shover, Jacob Goodman, Ludwick Fridley, Peter Hole, Jacob Grub, Jacob Fred. Couters, Michl. Hornbeck, Anthony Hornbeck, Mary Colly, Elizabeth Colly, Wm. Glassgo, Susannah Powers; paid Elizabeth Glassgow the specific legacies due by the will of her deceased husband.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.
Help fund new features!