Facts and Events
Thomas Wright was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
- Will of Thomas Wright, written December 15, I762; probated November 22, I763.
- Mentions wife, Mary; daughters: Elizabeth, Mary, Abigale, Sarah, Dorcas, and Catherine; sons: John, and Joseph.
- It refers to "land on which I did live, part of Randolph's Order."
- [Source: Bedford County, Virginia Will Book "A," page 9].
- From Genforum Message Board:
- Elizabeth Wright, daughter of Thomas and Mary Wright, was born on June 28, 1733, at St. Paul Parish, Baltimore County, Maryland.
- Katherine Wright, daughter of Thomas and Mary Wright, was born on August 6, 1736, at St. Paul Parish, Baltimore County, Maryland.
- Thomas Wright left Baltimore County, Maryland , in 1745 and apparently resided in Augusta County, Virginia, from 1745 to about 1753 and then resided in Bedford County, Virginia, from 1753 until his death.
- The will of Thomas Wright listed the following children:
- 1. Elizabeth,
- 2. Mary,
- 3. Abbigale,
- 4. Sarah,
- 5. Dorcas,
- 6. John, and
- 7. Joseph.
- A declaration by 1763 Thomas Wright's grandson Littleberry Wright stated that Elizabeth never married and that one daughter married a Smoot (?) and had no children and that three others married men by the name of May, Day, and Scott. Other evidence has established that Dorcas Wright was the wife of Axton Scott.
- [Source: http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?augusta,county::day::2735.html].