m. abt. 1754
- Thomas Love1755 - 1834
Facts and Events
Thomas Love was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - McCullogh vs. Love--O. S. 224; N. S. 79--Bill, 1808. Complainants are, viz: John McCullock and Rachel Shields; John, Patsy, Joseph, Sally, William Shields; Polly and John Sloan, heirs of James Shields, deceased. In 1792 John McCullock and James Shields become surety for Thomas Love on his administrator bond of his father, James Love, deceased, who bequeathed personally to his granddaughter, Susannah Love. Will of James Love of Rockbridge, 26th September, 1791. Granddaughter, Margaret; granddaughter, Susannah; son, Thomas Love. Recorded in Rockbridge, 5th June, 1792.
Revolutionary War Pension Information
Information from “Virginia/West Virginia Genealogical Data from Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Records”, Vol. 3, compiled by Patrick G. Wardell, Lt. Col. U.S. Army Ret. :
- Love, Thomas - born 9/19/1755 in Ireland; came to America at age 8; entered service 1777 in Augusta County, Virginia; moved after Revolutionary War to Mason County, Virginia, then to Letart Township, Meigs County, Ohio where received Pension in 1833; died 12/22/1834; married 2/1/1787 to Rosanna McClure, Rockbridge County, Virginia/ widow received Pension 1845 age 78 in Letart Township, Meigs County, Ohio. F-W8055, R1590.
- From Rootsweb Message Board:
- Thomas and Rosanna (McCLURE) LOVE had two children that I can document so far, Susanna LOVE (~1791-4 Mar 1860) married William ALEXANDER (~1792)-5 Dec 1870) and moved to Meigs Co., OH and a younger brother James LOVE (~1812- bef 1880) who married Eliza Ann SMITH (d. 8 Mar 1900), dau of John SMITH and Elizabeth PARSONS of Letart twp, Meigs, OH.
- [Source: http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/OHMEIGS/2008-05/1210602735].