Facts and Events
Thomas Devericks was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 190 - Thomas Deverik, 135 acres, Cowpasture River. Adjoining Alexander Miller. December 31, 1771. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 68].
- Page 155.--7th April, 1788. John Miller and Margret, of Rockingham, to Thomas Devericks, Sr., 125 acres, part of tract patented to Daniel O'haro, 23d May, 1763, on a south branch of the Cowpasture, adjoining tract surveyed to Mathew Penn, now in possession of Isaac Johns.
Records of Thomas Devericks in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 121.--21st March, 1780. Edward Hynds' estate settlement recorded--8th July, 1778, sale at vendue to, viz: John Peebles, Anthony Johnson, Francis Foard, Mathew Pen, Eli Bab Wilson, John Kingin, Thos. Deverix, Lewis Baker, Wm. McKeamey, Thos. Dugless, Joseph Newton; 1777, John Jordan; paid Elizabeth Peilentine, William Smith's legacy.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond in Augusta Cuonty - 1786--April 20, Thomas Botkin and Margaret Devericks, daughter Thomas Devericks.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage in Augusta County - 1786, - By Rev. Saml. Shannon: April 24th, Thomas Botkin and Margaret Devericks.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage in Augusta County - 1787, - By Rev. Saml. Shannon: April 24th, John Devericks and Mary Peples. (Note: John was a son of Thomas).
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1792. - Mary Devericks, infant, by Thomas Devericks, next friend, vs. Jarred Erwin and Elizabeth, his wife.--Slander. Writ, 16th August, 1790.
- Chalkley's Augusta County Records
- Pendleton County, Virginia Records
Help fund new features!