Facts and Events
Robert Rutherford was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Revolutionary War Pension Information
Information from “Virginia/West Virginia Genealogical Data from Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Warrant Records”, Vol. 4, compiled by Patrick G. Wardell, Lt. Col. U.S. Army Ret. :
- Rutherford, Robert - entered service 1780 in Shenandoah County, Virginia or Augusta County, Virginia in Virginia regiment; received pension at age 56 in Clark county, Ohio in 1818 [age 62] when residing in Champaign County, Ohio, at German; resided 1824 in Cabell County, Virginia, occupation farmer, when wife age 66 [born 1758] per County Court Clerk John Samuels; Christopher Keezer made affidavit there then, per county Justice of the Peace Solomon Thornburgh; Levi Shorridge & Thomas Syrus made affidavit there then, per County Justice of the Peace Levi McCormick; query letter in file says soldier resided in Cabell County, Virginia, 1840 age 77 [born 1763] with Thomas Rutherford (no kinship given); query letter in file 1915 from descendant J.R. Rutherford of Los Angeles County, who also was descendant of Revolutionary War soldier Larkin Rutherford who was also granted Pension. F-S38341, R2105.
- 1780 October. Robert Rutherford enlisted in the Continental Line for a term of 18 months during the Revolutionary War.
- 1782 - Elizabeth HILL widow of - - - FORD m. Robert RUTHERFORD 30th April 1782, [Shenandoah Co., VA, Marriage Records]
- 1791 November 8. Robert Rutherford and his brother Reuben served on a jury in Greene Co., TN.
- 1812 September 27, to 1813 February 9. Robert Rutnerford volunteered for 6 months service from Cabell Co., VA, during the War of 1812. Applied for bounty land, June 10, 1850, from Wayne Co., VA, and received a warrant for 80 acres.
- 1818 July 2. Robert Rutnerford applied for a pension from Champaign Co., OH. See pension # S-38,341 page images at Footnote.com.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=wilkinsonwilene&id=I0822
Help fund new features!