Facts and Events
Robert Frazier was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Orange County, Virginia Records:
- 29 January 1744/5 - Robt. Frazier had 225 acres of land "On Collins' Branch" (apparently on the Shenandoah River) surveyed by Thomas Lewis, Surveyor. [Orange County Virginia Deed Book 10, Dorman, pg. 54].
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 360.—14th July, 1753. William Beard and Mary to Robert_Frazier, South Branch Shanando, known as Cave Bottom, part of large tract patented to Alex. Thompson, 13th July, 1742, and sold to Beard; Alex. Thompson's Ford, Cave Hill, 100 acres. Teste: Robert Hoop, Robert Ralstone. James Beard.
Information on Robert Frazier
Name: Robert FRAZIER
Birth: ABT 1713 in Ireland
Death: BEF 1771 in Albemarle, VA
Marriage 1 Clara Frances GRAHAM b: ABT 1720
Married: ABT 1741 in Orange, VA
- John FRAZIER b: BEF 1752 in VA
- Micajah FRAZIER b: 25 DEC 1753 in Albemarle, VA
- Clara FRAZIER b: 1742 in Augusta, VA
- Robert FRAZIER b: ABT 1744 in Orange, VA
- James FRAZIER b: 1745
- David FRAZIER b: 1746
- Thomas FRAZIER b: 1747
- William FRAZIER b: 1749
From Rootsweb post:
FRAZER - One Family's Migration
The Frazers were early settlers of Orange County, Virginia, coming from Ireland in probably 1720's to 1730's via the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania port. Robert Frazer came with his sister Ann Frazer and her husband Robert Scott and with Mary, George and Esther, along with Robert Scott's brother Samuel Scott and other members of the Scott and Frazer family. Robert Frazer's Oath of Allegiance is dated 22 May 1740 in Orange County, Virginia. Robert married Clara Francis Graham it is thought between Jun 1740 and before 1742.
Robert and Clara's daughter is born in 1742 in Orange County, Virginia and is named Clara after her mother. Their second child is born between 1743 and 1744 and is named Robert.
- In 1745 they have a son James and in 1746 a son named David. Between 1747 and 1752 they have three sons, Thomas, John and William and a daughter.
- On 5 Apr 1748 Robert buys 228 acres in Collin's Branch in Orange County, Virginia.
- Road ordered from Top of the Ridge to John Terrald's and James Beard's, with these tithables, John Bomgardner, Jacob Harmon, Robert and Saml. Scot, John Stevenson, Robert Hook, Wm. Burk, Mathew Thompson, Charles Duel, Nicholas Noel, John Lawrence, Jacob Pence, Henry Dickens, Valentine Pence, George Scot, John Viare, Jacob Harmon, Sr., Mathew Sharp, John Harmon, Ro. FRAZIER, James Beard, Mathew Thompson, John Robton, Stiffell Francisco, Wm. Lamb, Samuel Lockard, Ro. Smith on 18 March 1746/7.
- 16th June, 1752 Robert FRAZER sells to James Beard, 228 acres by patent, 5th April, 1748. Collins' branch; Beard's land.
- On 14 July 1753 Robert buys 100 acres of property on the South River of Shanando in Cave Bottom which lies on the Augusta and the Albemarle County line, Virginia. Robert's son Micajah is born in 1753
- 17 May 1758 Robert FRAZER's mark is recorded for the guardianship of James Bell to John Moore.
- On 15 May 1764 Robert sells to David 220 acres on southeast side Shanando River, the lower corner to Robert FRAZER's line which lies in Albemarle County, Virginia. David later sells his land to James.
- 18 Aug 1764 Robert is a witness to the estate of William FRAZER, his brother.
- 18 Aug 1767 Robert FRAZER produced a certificate for hemp.
- On 2 Nov 1768 Robert is a witness to a deed for John and Lewis Neall.
- In 1768 Robert and David FRAZIER witnessed a deed of Thomas Burk and Clara.
- On 20 August 1770, John Lewis of Albemarle, to William Glaves, £40, on South River of Shanando, Joseph Hannah's land, Robert FRAZER's survey, 164 acres patented to said Lewis, 21st September, 1762. Teste: Thomas Rodgers, James Kennerley, Jr., Thos. Turk. Delivered: Wm. Glaves, March, 1771.
- On July 3, 1771 Robert Frazier and Frances deeded to Benjamin Yeardley 100 acres of land which Robert had purchased in 1753 from William Beard and Mary.