Robert Farris, of the Borden Tract, Augusta County, VA
Facts and Events
||Robert Farris, of the Borden Tract, Augusta County, VA
Robert Farris was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Advisory on Robert Farris
There is another Robert Farris that married Dorcas Means, daughter of James Means, who left records in Augusta County and was living nearby in Washington County, Virginia that MAY be related, more research necessary.
Records of Robert Farris in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 253.--19th August, 1765. Same to Halbert McClure, 300 acres part of 92,100; corner Robt. Paris; corner Moses Trimble. Teste: Wm. Lusk, Charles Campbell, Robt. Gay.
- Page 445.--18th May, 1768. James McKain to Jonathan Smith, Robert Paris and James Latherdale, £30, 1 waggon, 2 black horses, 1 bay mare, 1 bay horse. Teste: Margaret ( ) McKain.
- Page 411.--13th August, 1771. John Berry's estate appraised by Joseph Culton, John Walker, John Stewart--Bonds of Hugh and Francis McClung; Wm. McGaughey, not solvent; Robert Farice, not solvent; Peter Cutwright, solvent; Robt. Buchanan, solvent.
- Page 483.--28th December, 1771. Halbert McClure's will--to wife, Mary, executrix; to 3 daughters, Mary, Isabella, Phebe. Teste: Archd. Alexander, Robert Feris, Wm. Alexander. Proved, 18th March, 1772, by Fearis and Alexander (Wm.). Mary (her mark) qualifies with Thos. Vance, John Young.
- Page 129.--21st November, 1772. John Keys and Agness ( ) to Walter Smelly (Smiley), on west side of the South River, alias the River Mary, a branch of James River, corner tract belonging to the heirs of the late John McDowell, low ground of the Rev. Alex. McDowell. Teste: Archibald Alexander, Andrew Bird, William Alexander, Robert Fearis, Joseph Alexander. Delivered to Mr. Smiley, 10th February, 1786.
- Page 371.-(undated, appears to be abt. 1774)-Teste: Samuel McDowell. David Stephenson, Robert ( ) Feris.
- Page 173.--16th May, 1781. Recorded. John Berry's estate settlement--Paid Margret Kirkpatrick, Samuel Neizbitt, Elizabeth Henry. Debts and legacies paid by the executor--To David McCrea for funeral liquor, £1.7.0, Anthony Kelly for a coffin, Margret Rutherford, Capt. John Gilmore, Wm. Berry, James Berry, Rebecca Buchanan, Robt. Fearis, Alex. McIlroy, George and Charles Berry. Robt. Kilpatrick, Rebecca Kelly, Mary Johnson, Elizabeth Bell, Andrew McCampbell for Jno. Berry, Jr., Francis and Elizabeth Berry, Mary Neizbitt, John Berry Shoemaker, Rebecca Gillaspy.