Facts and Events
||Kentucky, United States
||Lawrence, Indiana, United States
||12 May 1829
||Montgomery, Indiana, United Statesbrother-in-law George Marlow appointed guardian
||Montgomery, Indiana, United States
||19 Jan 1835
||Montgomery, Indiana, United Statessold his share of his father's property to his brother-in-law George Marlow; resident in Fountain County, Indiana
||27 Jun 1836
||Fountain, Indiana, United Statesto Elizabeth Slusher
||Porter, Indiana, United States
||25 June 1841
||Porter, Indiana, United Statesreceived US Land Patent
||La Porte, Indiana, United States
||Abt Jul 1858
||Porter, Indiana, United States
- ↑ Colleen Wilburn, in Meadows Family email, Secondary quality.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Lawrence County, Indiana, in United States. 1820 U.S. Census Population Schedule. (National Archives Microfilm Publication M33), Primary quality.
Isham Medows, 3 males under 10 [Reuben, Jackson, George], 2 males 10-16 [John, Isaiah], 1 male 16-18 [Thomas], 2 males 16-26 [Riley, Thomas], 1 male 45 and up; 1 female under 10 [Polly], 1 female 10-16 [Keziah], 1 female 16-26 [problem – is this Sally entered in wrong category?]
- ↑ Montgomery County Library - George Marlow Guardian, in Meadows Family websites, Primary quality.
See also: Isham Meadows Probate Record where George Marlow is mentioned as Guardian of Reubin
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Indiana, Montgomery, in United States. 1830 U.S. Census Population Schedule, Primary quality.
Grooms, George, 1 m 5-9 [George Meadows], 1 m 10-14 [Jackson Meadows], 1 m 15-19 [Reuben Meadows,] , 2 m 20-29 [Isaiah, John Meadows], 1 m 40-49 [George Grooms]; 1 f 10-14 [Polly Meadows], 1 f 50-59 [Sally Meadows Grooms]
- ↑ Montgomery County (Indiana) Deed Records; Montgomery County Recorder’s Office, Crawfordsville, Indiana, Volume 6, Part 2, Aug 1836-Mar 1854, Primary quality.
p. 335 - Indenture 19 Jan 1835
Between Reuben Meadows of Fountain County, Indiana
and George Marlow of Montgomery County
Who paid $25 for
One “Eaquel” eight part of the E1/2 of the SW1/4, S2, T19, R5
Also the W1/2 of the SE1/4 of same Section, Town and Range
Signed Reuben x his mark Meadows
Witnesses James L. McKinney JP, Asher Sarjeant
- ↑ Indiana, Porter County, in United States. 1840 U.S. Census Population Schedule.
Meadows, Reuben, 1 male 20-30, 1 female 20-30 [Elizabeth]
- ↑ United States. Bureau of Land Management, General Land Office Records, Primary quality.
Patentee: Reuben Meadors
Acres: 40; Issue Date: 6/25/1841; Land Office: La Porte; Document Nr.: 12219
NE1/4 SW1/4 Section 14 Township 33-N Range 6-W Porter County, IN
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Indiana, La Porte County, Noble Twp; FHL #0442935, in United States. 1850 U.S. Census Population Schedule, HH 15, Fam 15, Primary quality.
Meadows, Reuben, age 35, m, farmer, RE=$200, b. KY, unable to read/write
, Elizabeth, age 45, f, b. KY, unable read/write
, Levi, 8, m, IN, attended school in year
, Julia Ann, 7, f, IN, attended school in year
, Thomas, 5, m, IN
, Maria, 2, f, IN
- ↑ Probate Order Books 1850-1868; FHL #1703701, in Indiana. Circuit Court (Porter County). Probate records, 1850-1925. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1990), Vol. C, pp. 175, 212, 251, 302, 347, 400, 568, 627, 685, 706, 721, 744.
Volume C, p. 175
7 July 1858 – John W. Wright sworn as Administrator of the estate of Reuben Meadows
p. 744 – First Day of January Term 1868
Estate of John W. Wright
Widow files affidavit and Inventory and appraisement and asking that the Estate be set off to her, and Estate is not worth $500 and the same is paid off to her without administration
- ↑ Census records give Reubin birth dates of between ca 1811-ca 1815. In his father’s probate and in guardianship records, children are listed in the following order: Isaiah, Reuben, Jackson, Polly, George. Isaiah was b. prior to 1810 (ca 1809), Polly was b. ca 1816, so presumably both Reuben and Jackson were born between ca 1811 and 1815, with Reuben the older of the two. Alternately, the listing in the probate record is not the same as the birth order, and Reuben was born about 1814/15, as suggested by the 1850 Census.