Johan Michael Huber, of Linville Creek
Facts and Events
MIchael Huber (Hoover) was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 137.--3d February, 1760. George Speece and Christina to Michael Hober, £35, on east side Linvell's Creek, 150 acres, part of 500 surveyed for Paul Froman and afterward conveyed to said George Speece; cor. John Miller's land. Teste: Henry Maese and Nicolas ( ) Mase. Delivered: Francis Morisey. April, 1763.
- Page 211 - Michael Hover, 190 acres, Brocks Gap. February 20, 1773. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 76].
- Page 234.--18th May, 1773. Jacob ( ) Trumbo and Mary ( ) to Michael Hover, patent to Cornelius Murley, 16th June, 1744, and by him conveyed to Jacob, 24th June, 1752.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 887.--20th May, 1765. Michael Hover and Barbara to Samuel Monsey, £25, 75 acres, part of 150 acres conveyed by George Speece, 3d February, 1760, on Linvell's Creek; corner Miller's land (part of said tract). Teste: Wm. Woods, Jno. Grattan. Delivered: Samuel Monsey, November, 1766.
- Page 889.--20th May, 1765. Same (Michael Hover and Barbara) to John Miller, £50, 75 acres, part of 150 above; corner said Miller's other land.
- Page 30.--14th August, 1769. Michael Hover and Barbara ( ) to Peter Pannenger (Pennenger), all parties of Frederick County, £25, 100 acres, part of 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mauck, 30th August, 1763, and by him conveyed to Michael on North Branch of Shannandore, corner Charles Long. Teste: Daniel Smith, Adam ( ) Hoverstick, Peter Churo. Delivered: Peter Panninger, 12th August, 1771.
- Page 333.--3d August, 1772. Michael ( ) Hover and Barbere ( ) to Nicholas Karin (Kearn), 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mack 30th August, 1763, on north side of the North Fork of Shenandore, on head of Fort Run; corner Frederick Woolfort.
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 335.--17th May, 1768. Samuel Muncy and Mary ( ) Mousie (Monsey) to John Miller, Sr., £50, 75 acres, part of 150 acres conveyed by George Speere to Michael Hober, 3d February, 1760, and by Hober to Samuel Monsey, 20th May, 1765, on Linvell's Creek; corner Riddel's land, a part of same original tract. Delivered: John Miller, August, 1773.
- Page 378.--15th August, 1771. Peter Penigar (Pannenger, see Deed Book 16, p. 30) and Magdalene ( ) to Frederick Wolfaart, £29, 100 acres, part of 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mauk, 30th August, 1763, and by him conveyed to Michael Hower (Hover), and by Michael and Barbara to Peter Penigar, 14th August, 1769 (Deed Book 16, p. 30), on North Branch Shanandore, corner Charles Long. Teste: John Thomas. Delivered: Michael Hober, 16th June, 1772.
- Page 430.--19th August, 1772. Adam Painter and Elizabeth ( ) to Jacob Myer, of Dunmore, patent to Michael Neice, 10th August, 1759, on north side of Alexander Painter's line. Delivered: Michael Hover, November Court, 1773.
- Page 225 - John Peterscren, 76 acres, North Fork of Shenandoah, near Brock's Gap. Adjoining John Whitmer, Michael Hover (Hoover). March 5, 1773. [Abstract of Land Grant Surveys, 1761-1791, Augusta & Rockingham Counties, Virginia, by Peter Cline Kaylor, pg. 80].
- Page 138.--Delivered: Peter Shoemaker, 19th April, 1791, part of 335 acres patented to Rudolph Mack, 30th August, 1763, conveyed by Michael Hober to Nicholas Kairn, 3d August, 1772, but as Michael was not then naturalized, the conveyance was void. corner Frederick Wollfort's part of same tract.