Facts and Events
This may be a the will of a different person than Mary (98). Mary (98) married John Mitchell.
- Rockbridge County, VA Will Book 4, p. 31.
- Mary Mackey, alias Little, Will (abstract), Will written 3 Sep 1810
- Son Henry Mackey
- Son Wm. Mackey
- Daughter Mary Willson
- Daughter Esther Walkup
- Daughter Betsey Baily, wife of Wm. Baily
- Grandaughter Phebe Elliott
- Grandaughter, Nancy McCorkle
- Grandaughter, Polly Hamilton
- Grandaughter, Polly Davis
- Grandchildren: James, William, Graham Walkup and Polly Mackey Walkup
- Grandaughters Esther Porter and Elizabeth Taylor
- Also mentions Samuel McCorkle Mackey, Polly Baily and William McCorkle.
- Daughter Jean's sons: John, Alexander, Henry and Abner.
- Henry Mackey and Arthur Walkup executors.
- Proven 31 Jan 1814
- Signed: Mary Macky, alias Little (x her mark)
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Mackey vs. Mackey--O. S. 296; N. S. 106--Will of Mary Mackey, alias Little, dated 3d September, 1810. Aged and infirm. Sons, Henry Mackey, William Mackey; daughter, Mary Willson, and her children; daughters, Esther Walkup and Betsy Bailey, and husband Wm.; granddaughter, Phoebe Elliott; granddaughter. Nancy McCorkle; granddaughters, Polly Hamilton and Polly Davis; grandchildren, James Wilson, Graham and Polly Mackey Walkup; granddaughters, Easter Porter and Elizabeth Taylor; two daughters-in-law; legatee, Saml. McCorkle Mackey; legatee, Polly Bailey; legatee, Wm. McCorkle; daughter Jean's sons, viz: John, Alexander, Henry and Abner. Executors, Henry Mackey and Arthur Walkup. Recorded in Rockbridge, 31st January, 1814.
- Mary Porter Mackey Little D/O Wm. and Jean Porter, b. 1736 d. 1814
- Her will was written in 1810 and recorded 1/31/1814.
- She was first married to John Mackey who died in 1773 in Augusta.
- Married (2) Joseph Little abt. 1785.
- Mother of: Henry, William, Jean, Esther, Betsy and Mary Mackey.