Joseph Walkup, of the Calfpasture, Augusta County, VA
Facts and Events
Joseph Walkup was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 227.--15th May, 1754. Beverley to Joseph Vachub. 378 acres in Calfpasture, on the head of Meeting Branch, cor. to meeting house land Thomas Smith's land; William McCutcheon's land.
- Page 273.--19th March, 1760. John Graham to Joseph Vauchub (Wauchub), £87, 307 acres on Little River in Calfpasture, part of 614 acres conveyed to John by Beverley. Delivered: 22d July, 1784.
- Page 213.--18th February, 1761. John Ward to Joseph Waughub, £__, 246 acres in Calfpasture on head of Grassy Lick Run, top of Black Oak Hill; cor. Wm. McCutchin's and Johnson's land, Meeting House Run; cor. John Johnson's land.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 429.--16th March, 1777. Joseph Vachob (Vahub) to Jean Graham, on head of Grassey Lick Run in the Calspasture, formerly surveyed for Thomas Smith, on Black Oak Hill, between Grassy Lick Run and Meeting House Run. (Note: Jean Graham was the daughter of Joseph Walkup (Vachob)).
- VACHUB, JOSEPH
- Rockbridge Co., Va. Will filed Feb. 6, 1787.
- s. John Vachub
- s. Christopher Vachub
- s. Robert Vachub
- d. Margaret Vachub
- d. Jean Vachub,
- d. Ann Vachub
- d. Rebecca Vachub
- g.s. Nathaniel Vachub
- g.d. Jean Stevenson
- g.d. Mary Stevenson
- g.d. Margaret Stevenson
Records of Joseph Walkup in Augusta County, VA
- Page 119.--19th November, 1755. William Gay's (of Calf Pasture) appraisement, by James Lockridge, Saml. Hodge, Joseph Vachub.
- Page 234.--18th February, 1761. William Man's bond (with William Elliott, Joseph Vachub), as guardian (chosen) to David Grimes, orphan of William Grimes.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 24, 1763. - (138) Robert Graham, admr. of Florenee Graham, decd., vs. Joseph Vachub--abates by death of plaintiff.
- Vol. 1 - JUNE 25, 1763. - (164) Joseph Waughub vs. Robert Graham } Abates by death of defendant.
- Vol. 1 - APRIL 15, 1765. - (336) James Mateer, provisions. John Risk, provisions. Wm. Beard, provisions. Charles Erwin, provisions. Joseph Waughub, provisions. Thos. and John Brown, provisions. John Bodkin, provisions and horse impressed. Robert Hartgrove, horse killed. John Young, pasturage, horse impressed. John McPheeters, provisions. Wm. McNabb, provisions. John McKarney, provisions. Thos. Feemster, provisions.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1767 (A). - Ewing vs. Knight.--Argument between Charles Knight, schoolmaster, and subscribers. (1) He is to teach one year and have every other Saturday, or half of every Saturday, off. If any alarm of the Indians comes, they are to provide shelter and food and drink. Subscribers to raise £18. (Signed) Thos. Meek, Archibald Armstrong, Joseph Vachub, Robert McCutchen, Jos. Graham, John Vachub. Dated 3d May, 1765.
- Page 22.--18th August, 1767. John Wahub's bond (with Joseph Vachub, Henry Gay) as administrator of Wm. Gay.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH, 1774 (C). - Rev. John Jones vs. Rev. Adam Smith.--Petition. Writ executed June 19, 1774. Account is as follows: 1773, Rev. Adam Smith, debtor, to the Rev. John Jones: To my fee for the marriage of Wm. Elliott, within the Parish whereof I am rector, which you received, #0, 7, 6; the same of Wm. Young, #0, 7, 6; the same of Daniel Taylor, #1, 0, 0; the same of James Patton, #0, 7, 6. William Elliott married a daughter of Joseph Wahub (Wachub), in February, 1773, at Alexander Hamilton's.
- Vol. 1 - MARCH 26, 1775. - (67) Robert Lockridge, vice Archd. Armstrong--road overseer from Painter's Gap to Joseph Wacheb's.