Joseph W. Delay
d.26 Sep 1890
Facts and Events
Civil War Service
- Private, Company C, 1st Ohio Heavy Artillery
- Mustered in 20 August 1862
- Appointed Corporal 1 January 1864
- Reduced to Private 27 August 1864
- Mustered out 20 June 1865 at Knoxville, Tennessee
- Application 528463; Certificate 329403
- Widow's Pension: Application 492346, Certificate 332838
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Find A Grave.
- ↑ Civil War Soldiers in Scioto Twp, Pike Co.