Facts and Events
John Turk was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
- Vol. 2 - COPIES OF MUSTERS OF AUGUSTA COUNTY. [abt. 1742] Capt. John Christian's List: John Christian, Captain; William Christian, Lieutenant; Fran Betty, Ensign; Jhn. Holms, Josep Read, Finley McClewr, George Camble, George Caldwell, Wm. Caldwell, Alex. Thompson, Jas. Caldwell, Isaac McCulough, Jas. Armstrong, Wm. Armstrong, Thos. Henderson, Wm. Henderson, Rob Conigham, Wm. Conigham, Thos. Black, Wm. Johnston, Joh Davison, And. Cowin, Jas. Moody, Jas. Willson, Niol. Leeper, Jno. Turk, Wm. Adams, David Mitchel, Rob. Ramsey, George Breakinsed, John Mitchel, Jas. Fulton, John Fulton, John Brownlee, Chas. Camble, Jas. Camble, Will Camble, Jno. Buchanan, Nathan McClewer, Jas. Robinson, Antho Black, Will Long, Thos. Bell, Jas. Bell, Jno. Black, Wm. Robinson, Thos. Shields, And. McCord, Thos. Beans, Arth. Hamilton, And. Scott, John Maxwell, Pat. Barney, Alex. Brackinsedg, Rob. Brackinsedg, James Brackinsedg, _____ McCoulough, Jas. Miler, Rob. McClenachan, Jno. Doacke, Sam Doacke, Patt Hayes, And. Boyd, Jas. Black, Alex. Fordice, David Steel, Moses Thompson, John Thompson, And. Russell, Rand McDonel, Hug Martine, Joh Robinson, Jas. Beans, Rob. Alexander, Ths. Lewis.
- Page 337.--13th August, 1747. William Beverley to Alexander McPheeters, farmer, £10 current money Virginia; 303 acres in Beverley Manor on north branch of Christy's Creek; corner to Samuel Downey and John Turk; McNabb's line. Teste: As above, and Archibald Hamilton. Proved by all as above.
4. John TURK (Robert) was born before 1728 in Great Britain. He died in 1755 in Charleston, South Carolina.
John married Agnes SMITH, before 1741 probably in Augusta County, Virginia.
They had the following children:
- 18 M ii. Robert TURK was born in 1741 in Augusta County, Virginia. Robert was baptized on 19 April 1741 in Tinkling Springs, Augusta County, Virginia.
- 19 M iii. William TURK was born in 1743. He died in South Carolina.
- 20 M iv. John TURK was born in 1745 in Augusta County, Virginia. He died after 1779 in of South Carolina. John was baptized in 1745 in Tinkling Springs, Augusta County, Virginia.
- 21 M v. Thomas TURK was born in 1749. He died in 1821 in Edgefield, South Carolina.
- 22 F vi. Naomi TURK .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Allen, Robert - 2329 Constitution Drive, San Jose CA 95124, e-mail: BobBecAlln@@aol.com.