Facts and Events
John Parks was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will Extracts of John and Rebecca Parks
- Parks, John
- Rockbridge County, Virginia, Will filed September 3, 1793.
- Wife Rebecca
- Daughter Margaret Steel, her son John Steel
- Daughter Rebecca Evans, her son Alex Evans, her son Joseph Evans
- Parks, Rebecca
- Rockbridge County, Virginia. Will filed December 6, 1796.
- Daughter Margaret Steel
- Daughter Rebecca Evans
- Brother-in-law Isaac Anderson
[Source: Rockbridge County Wills]
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records: (unless listed otherwise)
- FC, 2:208, 5 March 1746 - On the petition of James Coddy, Thomas Smith, John Parks, William Naylor, Josiah Arnold, George Potts, Darby McKeaver, Samuel Farrington, George Hoge, Peter Foster, and Walter D[illegible] for a road from Park's graveyard near Cape Capon water, over Dillon's Run, into the Wagon Road on Joseph Edwards's land, it is ordered that the said road be cleared by the siad petitioners and that they work on the same under James Coddy, who is hereby appointed surveyor thereof. And it is further ordered that the said James Coddy cause the said road to be kept in good repair and make bridges thereon where required according to law. [Augusta County Road Orders, 1745-1769].
Help fund new features!