Facts and Events
The Official Roster lists him as Benjamin Barr; the Organization Index lists him as Benjamin D. Barr with a death date of 10 January 1927. The death certificate, which matches the date of death lists him as John B. Barr. His obituary in the Newark Advocate, which also matches the date of death on both the pension index card and the death certificate, lists him as Benjamin B. Barr.
Civil War Service
- Application 181795; Certificate 125796 (listed under 117th Ohio Volunteer Infantry)
- Widow's Pension: Application: none listed
- ↑ Foraker, J.B; H.A. Axline; and J.S. Robinson. Official roster of the soldiers of the state of Ohio in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866. (Akron [Ohio]: Werner Co., 1886-1895).
- ↑ United States. Veterans Administration. Organization index to pension files of veterans who served between 1861 and 1900- . (Washington, District of Columbia: The National Archives, 1949).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Ohio, United States. Death Certificate. (Ohio, United States), cert. 3797 (1927).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Newark, Licking, Ohio, United States. The Newark Advocate. (Newark, Ohio), 3, 10 Jan 1927.