- H. James Woodsest 1700-1715 - bef 1767
- W. Margaret PattonEst 1715-1720 - Abt 1776
m. bef. 21 August 1752
Facts and Events
James Woods was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST 21, 1752. - (326) Robbert Bratton in open Court made oath to his deposition in favor of Margaret Woods, proving her to be the lawful wife of James Woods.
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1767 (D). - Cawley vs. Thomas Patterson.--John Cawley and Margaret, his wife, late Margaret Woods. (Note: record proves that James Woods had died prior to this date, and his wife Margaret had re-married to John Cawley).
- Vol. 1 - AUGUST, 1767 (D). - John Cawley and Margaret, his wife, late Margaret Woods, vs. Thomas Patterson.--Writ, 13th July, 1767. (Note: appears to duplicate record above).
Compare with: James Woods