Facts and Events
There are 3 vital records available on MyHeritage for James Weir, including birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Vital records are historical records that are typically recorded around the actual time of the event, which means they are likely accurate.
Vital records include information like the event date and place, and the person's occupation and residence.
Vital records also often include information about the person's relatives.
For example, birth and marriage records include names of parents and divorce records list the names of children.
See all vital records for James Weir
James Weir was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Will of James Weir
- In the name of God amen November ninth Day one thousand seven hundred & ninety seven I James Weir of Rockbridge County & state of Virginia being in perfect mind & memory & calling to mind the mortally of my body and that it is appointed for all men once to die do make & ordain this my last will & testament and as touching such worldly estate wherewith it has pleased God to bless me in this life I give devise & dispose of the same in the manner & form following Viz.
- In the first place I give and bequeath to Mary Weir my beloved wife all my stock of cattle & household furniture to be at her disposal I likewise give to Mary Weir my wife, Robert Weir & James Weir, my sons each of them an eaqual part of the land I now live on to them and their theirs forever I likewise give to my Daughter Ketron Weir six pounds & to my Daughter Rosanah Weir Eight pounds to be paid of my estate, to Ketron when demanded to Rosanah when my Executors thinks fit
- In the last place I constitute make & ordain Mary Weir my wife and Robert Tedford my only and sole executors of this my last will & Testament and do forever disclaim revoke & disanul all former wills and Testaments and do ratify and confirm this as my last will & testament, and in Witness thereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the day & year above written.
- Signed, Sealed published
- (signed) James Weir (seal)
- Pronounced and declared in presence of these Witnesses
- Robert McCampbell
- John McCampbell
- At a Court held for the County of Rockbridge April 7th 1801
- This writing purporting the last will and testament of James Weir Deceased was produced in Court and proved by the oaths of The subscribing witnesses and ordered to be Recorded
- Aw. Reid clerk
- Vol. 1 - DECEMBER 16, 1777. - (255) Mary Warr, wife of James Warr, and their four children, allowed £25. James enlisted for three years. [Chalkley's Augusta County Records, Vol. 3].
- 1783 Rockbridge Co, VA Tax List
- James Weir 1 white male over 21, 0 slaves, 3 horses, 12 cattle