Facts and Events
||to Abigail Taylor
||[He consented for his son to marry in 1787]
James Kirkland was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Records in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1786--April 26, Alex. Anderson and Esther Kirkland, daughter of James Kirkland.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1786--December 29, Wm. Johnston and Jenny Kirkland, daughter of James Kirkland; surety, Arthur Connelly; witnesses, Saml. Kirkland, James Kirkland.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1787--October 11, James Kirkland, Jr., and Wm. Johnston, surety. James Kirkland, Jr., and Elizabeth Grub. James is son of James Kirkland (consent). Teste: James Runken, Thomas Peterson.
- Vol. 2 - Marriage Bond - 1790--October 11, Samuel Kirkland and Becky Blear, daughter of John Blear (consent); witnesses, James Black, Wm. Johnston. Samuel is son of James Kirkland (consent). Witnesses, Arthur Connely, Thomas Connely; surety, William Johnston.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Ancestry.com/Ancestry Family Trees: Public Members Trees.