Facts and Events
Information on James Dickson
From "Dixon and Amburn Family History: with Allied Family Sketches of East Tennessee", by Shelia Steele Hunt, pg. 28:
- 7. James4 Dickson (Andrew3, George2, John1), was born in Pennsylvania 20 April 1739. James died at 57 years of age sometime between the date his will was written on 25 March 1797 and the time that the will was proven on 6 June 1797 in Rockbridge County, Virginia.
- He married Martha Nesbitt in Pennsylvania, circa 1760. Martha was born Antrim Township, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania 1736. Martha was the daughter of Thomas Nesbitt and Jean McKee.
- James Dickson and Martha Nesbitt had the following children:
- 14. i. Patrick Dixon. Patrick died 1802.
- 15. ii. Samuel Dixon. Samuel died after 25 March 1797.
- 16. iii. Agnes Dixon. Agnes died after 25 March 1797. She married a Mr. Telford.
- 17. iv. Robert Telford Dixon. Robert died after 25 March 1797.
- 18. v. James Dixon was born 1778. (more on his family at this source)