Facts and Events
James Cooper was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Estate Records of James Cooper
- 1782, the inventory and appraisement of the estate of James Cooper (died 1781) included two Bibles. When the estate was sold in 1783, these Bibles were not included in the sale.
- prob. about 1783: a piece of paper headed “The Estate of James Cooper Decd. To Thos. Cooper.” The first item is under the heading reads: “To Cash paid to John Gilmore for Wm. Cooper to order of Jas. Cooper.”
- 18th June, 1793--James McKemy, ditto (appointed guardian) of Thos. Cooper, orphan of James Cooper. [Source: Chalkley's, Vol. 2].
Records of James Cooper
- abt. 1772-1779: James Cooper (died 1781) paid the debts of a John Cooper to Andrew McCampbell, George Reeve, James Young, Mary Kinkum, and Joseph Shanks.
- 1775 - James Cooper (died 1781) sold a mare for thirty pounds to Thomas Cooper.
- “June ye 4th 1777. Then Recd. of James Cooper the Sum of Six pounds part of the money which William Cooper sent by Isaac Taylor from for Randolph per me his Richard Magee mark“
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 International Genealogical Index. (LDS Church, 1999-2005).