- Jacob Trumboabt 1714 - abt 1783
Facts and Events
Jacob Trumbo was one of the Early Settlers of Augusta County, Virginia
Early Land Acquisition in Augusta County, VA
Acquisition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 380.--24th June, 1752. Cornelius Murley and Austas to Jacob Trumbo, 400 acres. On North Fork, North River Shanando, above gap in mountain.
Disposition of Land from Chalkley's:
- Page 234.--18th May, 1773. Jacob ( ) Trumbo and Mary ( ) to Michael Hover, patent to Cornelius Murley, 16th June, 1744, and by him conveyed to Jacob, 24th June, 1752.
Processioning List of 1755 & 1767/68
- "Processioning" was the periodic review and agreement of property lines between settler's lands. Processioning Lists are useful in determining the general area of a settlers lands and their neighbors at specific time periods:
- Page 150.--1755: Thos. Moore and David Robson processioned as follows, viz: For Adam Reader, present Arnold Custard, Alex. Painter; for Adam Burd; for Nicholas Cane, present his son, Daniel Cane; for John Miller; for Wm. Pickins; for Jno. Porting; for Wm. Caslberry; for Wm. Hopkins, present Thos. Shanklin; for Francis Green; for Thomas Gordon; for James Beggs, present Uriah Humble; for Jacob Bare; for Jacob Trumbo, present Amrode Lamb; for Rees Thomas, present Jno. Thomas; for John Bare; for Thomas Moore, present Francis Hieghl; for David Robson.
- Page 283.--1760: Processioned by Abraham Bird, David Robinson, viz: For Jacob Trumbow, for John Miller, for Joseph Dicktum, for Uriah Humble, for Jacob Bare, for Conrad Lamb, for Abraham Bird, for Adam Rieder, for Mathias Rieder, for Alex. Painter, for John Bare, for James Baggs, for John Phillips, for Alex. Buchanan, for Daniel Davison, for Jacob Woodley, for Thomas Logan, for Zebulon Harrison, for John Harrison, for John Harrison, Jr., for John Davison, for Michael Weron, for Thomas Moore, for Francis Hughes, for Jonathan Hodges, for Andrew Bird, for Thomas Milsaps, for William McGee, for John Blizard, for Jacob Rambow, for David Robinson, for Martin Shumaker, for Charles Dayley, for Francis McBride, for John McDaniel, for John Bryant, for Macoy _____, for Robert Cravens, for George Spence, for John Miller, for Wm. Pickins, for Isaac Robinson, for John Capter.
- Page 447.--1767-68: Processioned by Thos. Beggs and Michael Humble from Brocks Gap to Hampshire Line, viz: For Abraham Bird, present Rudy Mauk and Teter Couts; for Teter Coutts, for Conrad Custard, for Rudy Mauck, for Conrad Lamb for Isaac Beackfield, for John Miller, for Charles Man, for Thomas Witsell, for Conrad Custard, Sr., for Jacob Trumbo, for Thomas Beggs, for James Beggs, for Jacob Bare, for James Marshall, for Andrew Trumbo, for Martin Witsell, for Adam Reader, for Uriah Humble.
Records of Jacob Trumbo in Augusta County, VA
From Chalkley’s Augusta County Records:
- Page 192.--2d September, 1752. Opattis Brock to Jacob Bare, 400 acres. So. Fork No. Riv. Shan. Teste: Jacob Trombar, Peter Scholl, Saml. Newman, John Bare.
- Vol. 2 - List of Delinquents, 1755: Jacob Trumbo, twice returned.
- Vol. 1 - NOVEMBER 19, 1760. - (432) John Bags, Thomas Bags, Jacob Trumbeau, Jacob Bear, Isaac Brackfield, Conrad Lamb, John Richards, Jacob Richards, Thomas West, Daniel Cain, Martin Whitsell, Uriah Humble with one, Martin Humble, and Jacob Caplinger, added to tithables.
- Page 280.--12th October, 1765. William Smith and Mary, of Hampshire County, to James Thomas, £67, on south side of Timber Ridge on a draft of Linvil's Creek, patented to William Smith, deceased, father of said William, 10th March, 1756, 154 acres. Teste: John Dunbar, Rülen May, Jacob ( ) Trumbo, John Thomas, Conrad Humble. Delivered Nicholas Mose, December, 1768.
- Page 148.--10th May, 1767. Isaac Bracpeil's (Barefield, Brackfield?) (his mark ) will, farmer--Wife, Catherine; youngest son; oldest daughter, Elizabeth, now married and living in Pennsylvania, and her oldest daughter, Catherine; 3 sons, Stophel, Jacob and Isaac; 2 youngest daughters, Catherine and Barbary; to son, Stophel, 1/3 of home place; to son, Jacob, tract on Slate Lick Branch. Executors, Jacob Miller and Catherine Brackpiel. Teste: Abm. Bird, Jacob Trumbo. Proved, 15th November. 1768, by Andrew Bird and Trumbo. Executors qualify (Catherine Brackfield).
- Page 82.-- --A copy and translation of the will of Adam Reader, deceased, April 18th, 1773--To wife and true helpmate; to son, Mathias Reader; to son, George Reader; to son, Anthony Reader; to son, Adam Reader; to 3 daughters. Deed to be made for land sold to Nicholas Carn. Abram Bird and testator's son Adam shall pay £20 that they received from Jacob Hite in the name of my daughter Elizabeth, which is to be shared between her 3 children. Teste: Jacob Cepliner, Anthony Reader, Jacob Mire (Mover). 18th May, 1773--Translation proved by Jacob Moyer and will proved by Jacob Moyer and Jacob Kiplenger. Adam Reader qualified with Jacob Trumbo, Jacob Bear, Abraham Bird.
Help fund new features!